Karl Storz — Endoskope
Storz processor-based products deliver centralized command for surgical instruments, lasers, operating tables, electromechanical equipment, TV monitors, lighting, sound systems, and almost anything required by a surgeon. Simply put, this control system is both complex and flexible, meeting requirements of institutions, individual surgeons, and patients.
Utilizing SAP’s powerful Variant Configurator (VC) technology and Configit Quote, Storz worked with Configit and eLogic to create a sales platform for all product options, selection rules, cost/pricing mechanisms and integration to client operations running on SAP with Quote for SAP.
The platform fully supports Configure-to-Order as well as Inquiry-to-Quote providing:
- Offline proposal creation and online automated order entry
- Accurate cost and net price to customer calculations
- Calculation of engineering and shop standard hours
- Product/accessory selection and scope
- Time-based cost measurements through the order life cycle
The sales platform serves both direct and indirect channels for all products and has delivered:
- Reduction in time-to-quote:
- Quoting accuracy:
- Reduction of cost-of-quality:
- Increased pricing and profitability control