Configit Hosts Inaugural CLM Summit to Define Configuration Lifecycle Management with New Declaration
October 1st 2015
Configit hosted the first ever Configuration Lifecycle Management (CLM) Summit and explored best practices for handling the complex product lifecycle. Over two days in September at Lake Lanier, Georgia, technology strategists and business developers from around the world networked and exchanged ideas on complex product configuration procedures, solutions, and new technologies.
Speakers from leading organizations provided unique, cutting edge insight into product configurations. Key speakers and topics included:
- Bruce Cameron, Partner at Technology Strategy Partners (TSP), MIT Lecturer – MIT Commonality Study
- Henrik I. Christensen, Professor, Georgia Tech – Digital manufacturing in a non-flat world
- James Gehan, Vice President, Global Platforms solution, PTC – Product lifecycle management perspectives on CLM
- Lawrence Matusek, Chief Technology Officer of eLogic – Managing configuration in the age of the customer
- Sean Hunt, Business Process Expert for Philips Lighting Solutions – Perspective on the transformation to configured product and services based company
- Steve Schneider, Sr. Consulting Product Data Analyst, Product Data Services, Steelcase – Perspective from Steelcase on CLM & Innovation
On the second day of the Summit, Configit held an open forum discussion with all attendees to define CLM, address challenges, and outline goals. A joint consensus was reached and the CLM Declaration was created. The Declaration brings further insight to industry practices, solutions and new technologies as well as a scale for benchmarking CLM capabilities. It will be used as the discipline of handling complex products throughout a product lifecycle during an era where the catalog is dead and product options and complexity are exploding.
Configit is planning to host its second annual CLM Summit in Germany next year. More information and details will be available for the 2016 CLM Summit in the coming months. For updates, check: clmsummit.com.