At Configit data protection and confidentiality is a high priority.
This Privacy Notice explains how information about you is collected, used and disclosed by Configit A/S when you use our website, mobile applications, and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”), or when you otherwise interact with us.
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the bottom of the notice and, depending on the specific amendments, we may provide you with additional notice. We encourage you to review the Privacy Notice whenever you access our Services to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
Data Controller and Contact Information
Midtermolen 3 Copenhagen, 2100 Denmark
Collection of Personal Data
We collect information you provide directly to us when you participate in contests and promotions, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, send us an email, or otherwise interact with us. The types of information we may collect about you include your name, social networking screen names or IDs, email address, and any other information you choose to
Additionally, when you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you. This information may include the following:
- Log Information: we log information about your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device information: we collect information about the device you use to access our Services, including information about the device’s software and hardware, Media Access Control (“MAC”) address and other unique device identifiers, device token, mobile network information, and time zone.
- Usage information: we collect information relating to your use of our Services, including which applications you use and your interactions with other users.
- Consumption information: we collect information about your consumption habits relating to your use of our Services, including which purchases you make with both virtual and real currencies.
- Information collected by cookies and other tracking technologies: we use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your computer’s hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience and see which areas and features of our Services are
popular. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you log into our Services using a third-party site or platform, we may access information about you from that site or platform, such as your screen name, profile information and friend lists, in accordance with the authorisation procedures determined by such
third-party site or platform. We may also collect information from app stores when you download or update one of our applications.
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our current Services;
- Develop new Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request and send you related information;
- Facilitate communications between users;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service and support;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events offered by Configit A/S, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Personalise and improve our Services and provide tailored advertisements, content, or features;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Link or combine with information we get to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Use of Personal Data
We may share information about you as follows or as otherwise described in this Privacy Notice:
- With other users;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable legal requirement;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Configit A/S or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We also may share aggregated information or otherwise anonymised information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
This information may be used by Configit and others to, among other things, analyse and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests and better understand your activity on our Services.
Third-party ad serving and analytics technologies are integrated into our Services, so if you do not want to be subject to these technologies, do not use or access our Services.
Our Services may also integrate third party Application Program Interfaces (APIs), which allow others to collect and process information about you, including your geo-location information, to provide you with tailored advertisements, offers and other content. You have the ability to control the collection and use of your geo-location information at all times. You may disable location-based
services at any time by adjusting the settings of your mobile device.
[Transfer to Third Countries]
As an international organization with locations outside of the EU, we may use the data we collect through our Services both within the EU and outside of it. Therefore, transfer of personal data to a third country may take place. In the event of cross-territorial data transfer, Configit is committed to ensuring an adequate level of protection through appropriate safeguards.
Deletion of Personal Data
We will delete your personal data when we no longer need to process them in relation to one or more of the purposes set out above.
Generally, if you are a customer or potential user of our products, we store user data for 3 years from last activity. Otherwise we will store user data for 90 days. However, the data may be processed and stored for a longer period in anonymised form in order for us to improve the service.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
How to accept or reject cookies:
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won’t affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
We have implemented security measures to ensure that our internal procedures meet our high security policy standards. Accordingly, we strive to protect the quality and integrity of your personal data. This includes encryption of data and use of anonymization, whenever applicable.
You are at any time entitled to be informed of the personal data about you that we process (with certain legislative exceptions). You also have the right to object to the collection and further processing of your personal data including profiling/automated decision-making. Furthermore, you have the right to have your personal data rectified, erased, or blocked. Moreover, you have
the right to receive information about you that you have provided to us, and the right to have this information transmitted to another data controller (data portability).
Withdrawal of Consent
You may, at any time, withdraw any consent you have given and we will no longer process your personal data, unless we can continue the processing based on another purpose. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Websites, Etc.
Our website may contain links to other websites or to integrated sites. We are not responsible for the contents of the websites of other companies or for the practices of such companies regarding the collection of personal data. When you visit other websites, you should read the owners' policies on the protection of personal data and other relevant policies.
If you want us to update, amend or delete the personal data that we have recorded about you, wish to get access to the data being processed about you, or if you have any questions concerning the above guidelines, you may contact us at email@example.com.
If you wish to appeal against the processing of your personal data, please contact us as indicated above. You may also contact the Data Protection Agency, Borgergade 28, 5., 1300 Copenhagen K.
Is this clause relevant for us? If so can we use the following?
The EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks provide companies with a mechanism to comply
with data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union and
Switzerland to the United States. To join, a US-based organization is required to self-certify to the
Department of Commerce and publicly commit to comply with the Framework’s requirements. More